The lists of A-Z Regulations and Rules on this website include:
- all principal regulations and rules made by the Governor in force at 1 January 2003 or subsequently made (whether still in force or repealed or expired)
- regulations and rules that ceased to operate after 1 January 1976 and before 1 January 2003 (some information regarding ceased regulations is limited due to a past practice of deleting the information once the repealing regulations had themselves ceased operation)
- Statutes Amendment Regulations and Repeal Regulations
- regulations that amend an Act
The A-Z regulations and rules list entries are designed to match the listings found in the Annual Index of South Australian Statutes. List entries are updated to reflect any changes to the short titles of regulations and rules.
Amending (historically called 'variation') regulations and rules are browsable in the As made ('numbered') Regulations & Rules lists accessible from this site's regulations pages.
For information about regulations and rules that ceased operation before 1 January 1976, see the index for the 1989 annual volume of South Australian Statutes.
By default, the A-Z lists of Regulations & Rules on this website list Regulations & Rules that are currently in force.
Ceased Regulations & Rules can be made visible by pressing the button labelled 'Show ceased legislation' .
Lists of A-Z Regulations & Rules contain:
- Regulations & Rules made by the Governor currently in force.
- Ceased Regulations & Rules.
- Current ('up to date') versions of Regulations & Rules currently in force.
- Historical ('previous') versions of Regulations & Rules currently in force.
A current version of a set of regulations or rules is the version currently in force or, if the regulations or rules have not yet come into operation, the version that has been made and will come into operation in future.
A historical version of a set of regulations or rules is a version previously uncommenced or in force.
Dates are listed on the homepage of Regulations and Rules, and within PDF and rtf versions:
- for current versions - this date indicates when that version of the legislation came into operation.
- for historical versions - the dates indicate the period when that version of the legislation started and finished operation.
Since 1 January 2004, separate versions for separate commencement and cessation dates have been prepared to provide point in time access to the law.
There are certain earlier historical versions of regulations and rules available on the website, including the version of any regulations or rules repealed since 1 January 2003 as in force immediately before their repeal.
Certain data for historical versions from 1991 onwards has been made available, subject to limitations resulting from past practices and resources.
Versions of legislation that predate 1 January 2004 will generally not include graphics, such as maps, pictures and forms, and will only be available in PDF format.
The homepages of regulations & rules made by the Governor that are accessed from the A-Z Regulations & Rules lists:
- include a link to the Act under which the regulations or rules are made
- display the status of regulations and rules that have ceased operation
- display information about the expiry of regulations. See Regulations expiry for more information.
- display a table of available current and historical versions
- include links to certain notices made under the regulations or rules (as recorded in the Annual Index of South Australian Statutes)
- may display links to other websites where a law of the Commonwealth or another State or a Territory applied by the regulations or rules as a law of this State may be accessed
- may display a warning about legislative events not yet reflected in the legislation on the website.
For regulations and rules made by the Governor the text of which is not included in the A-Z database, the home page displays information about the regulations and rules from the Annual Index of South Australian Statutes.
There is a legislative history at the back of each PDF and RTF version of regulations and rules accessible in the list of A-Z Regulations and Rules.
This legislative histories set out the following:
- status notes—including whether there are any uncommenced amendments affecting the legislation
- if the legislation has been renamed, former names of the legislation
- a list of legislation repealed or amended by the legislation—this is included if, in revising the legislation under the Legislation Revision and Publication Act 2002, the repeal or amendment provisions have been omitted from the legislation
- cessation information—details about the repeal or expiry of the legislation or the forthcoming repeal or expiry of the legislation
- details of the principal legislation and all amending legislation, including commencement details (New entries are highlighted in bold.)
- details of how and when provisions of the legislation have been amended (new entries are highlighted in bold and entries relating to provisions that have ceased operation are displayed in italics)
- details of how provisions of the legislation will be amended when uncommenced amendments commence.
- transitional and other provisions associated with the legislation or amendments of the legislation
- a list of historical versions of the legislation that have been published in printed or electronic form.
Legislative history information may be presented in a different format and has a slightly different content in older historical versions.